View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
hege
EcoModding Lurker

Spanish whip - '12 Seat Ibiza ST E-Ecomotive 1.2 TDI
90 day: 53.84 mpg (US)
Thanks cptsideways for making me feel welcome. I have many questions about the car, and it has been driven 170 000 miles so it isn't new and there are many parts that have to be repaired and I will need lots of help.

nick666: It was highway driving. It was pretty hilly terrain so I didn't have the patience to follow the slow big trucks. I just tried to keep the fuel consumption under 3.1 according to the fuel consumption display.

I drive normally. No engine off coasting or anything special. The audi has start-stop automatics as stock and when you lift the throttle the car freewheels with the engine idling.

I wont say that the 2.89L/100km value is absolute accurate. It isn't easy for me to get the value 100% right, so you should take the fuel consumption values I post with a pinch of salt. I've tried to get the odometer value accurate by comparing it to GPS and I try to fill the tank as good and accurate as I can.

The fuel consumption is pretty much a function compared to speed. Below is attached a graph that was made by a magazine in 2001.

I don't have the smooth wheel covers, so my consumption is probably a bit higher. With 81mpg (2.9L/100km) consumption the average speed is according to the graph somewhere around 55mph (90km/h).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audi consumption.jpg
Views:	3617
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	16073  

Last edited by hege; 10-11-2014 at 04:17 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to hege For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-31-2014)