View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
YolandaTheHonda
EcoModding Lurker

Amethyst - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 38.52 mpg (US)
Kill Switch Shuts off my Ultraguage :(

Today I installed a kill switch in my 1998 Honda Civic DX. I used a "Push on/Push off Soft-feel Switch" that is rated at 3A at 125v so I'm not concerned about the switch. The switch interrupts the ground on the fuel injector relay on the passenger side to the right of the glovebox. The reason I decided to finally do this mod is that before to EOC I would have to get my key sequencing off and back on perfectly or the Ultraguage would shut off, sometimes losing the trip averages, or simply read error next to all the gauges on the screen. I don't understand why, but with this new kill switch I need to get the timing right as well. I need to push the switch back on the instant the engine comes to a stop, if pressed too soon the engine comes back to life, if to long after the UG shuts off or reads error.

I thought interrupting the injector relay ground wouldn't shut off any of the vehicles computers and I wouldn't have to deal with this problem anymore.

Any advice on why this might be happening? Has anyone run into this before? What would you recommend to fix the situation?

Last edited by YolandaTheHonda; 10-14-2014 at 05:44 PM..