View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
AlexanderB
EcoModding Apprentice

The new law makes no sense to me, its just politics, if you have money, you can do whatever you want anyway.

I am keeping a fuel log on Spritmonitor. (I hope I can link it, it should be here: Details: Citroen - AX - AX 1.5D Spot - Spritmonitor.de)
I have no instrumentation, I have an 80's style diesel engine with 0 electronics, other than the starter motor, alternator and glowplugs.
Theres no OBD on my car, so no scangauge for me.
The brakes and wheelbearings aren't particularly hot, and they all rotate pretty freely, so I don't think its that. (They've all been replaced, twice, in the past 2 years.)

Yeah, my driving style isn't the greatest, I try to not push it too hard, but I don't particularly eco-drive, I do the speed limit (or a little over), I don't P&G, I often get cut-off of boxed in by other drivers, which means I have to brake instead of roll, etc..
I live and study in Delft, and I have a part-time job in Den Haag, the roads here are extremely busy, which doesn't help eco driving either.

Oh, I do about 50% stop-start driving 50% highway.
Most of my trips are either a handfull of km of mostly stop-start, or 20 km highway + a handfull km of stop-start. Seems like a good case for hybrid drive to me?

Last edited by AlexanderB; 10-12-2014 at 06:13 PM..