View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #276 (permalink)
BobS
diesel doer

Dottie looks like an older puppy, not an older dog. No grey hair in sight. My Papillon has gray brows and muzzle and he's only 9. She might be our first immortal. Too cool.

Read through this thread for the nth time and was struck by the very first sentence: " The Centaurian's drivetrain has hopefully been reinstalled for the last time." Irony, huh?

Question: I know that you have a real feel for the Kubota's capabilities and I believe that you will prevail. But, if for some reason, there is just not quite enough power to pull the new tranny's gearing, will you consider moving to the next size larger Kubota? I think all of us are very interested in the minimum capability needed in a car to get safe Interstate performance.

And I confess to serious envy of your mix-and-match skills with car parts. I am just now starting to research putting a $200 Prius 1.5L engine into a 1st gen Insight so I can hook the "gas pedal" to the vvt-i to vary displacement while running WOT. If you have any direction for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Press on regardless and best of luck.