View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #278 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Dottie looks like an older puppy, not an older dog. No grey hair in sight. My Papillon has gray brows and muzzle and he's only 9. She might be our first immortal. Too cool.
BobS,
Dottie is quite a dog for sure...
This runt of the litter has outlived all her brothers and sisters and surpassed the breed average. She's not ever been fed a lot of the garbage dog food that most get.
What the earlier photos don't show are:
- The haziness over the eyes and this causes her to bump into things unless there's a lot of light. The wild rabbits here simply step aside and Dottie whizzes right on by....

- Most all her teeth are ground down to nothing. I have to chop and mash any food since so she won't have a hard time chewing it.

- Then there's the seizures that happen about every 10 minutes (sometimes more). This is a deterioration of part of the brain in Jack Russells, and oddly enough her name "Dottie" reflects the dimentia...

- Liquid Magnesium drops help substantially with the seizures.

- She's nearly deaf. If you clap behind her ears - nothing - not even a twitch. So I really have to watch her outside since she'd never hear a car.

In spite of all that, she's a firecracker on the trails and dirt roads and will go half throttle or so for an hour with no problem.

As for her ageless looks, this is where history comes in. Below is a series of pics when she was just a year old. Keep in mind the other dog in the pic was around 11years and 14lbs at the time and was tortured by little-bitty-Dottie. Notice Dottie had no white on her face as compared to the pics earlier in the thread... What a great little companion she's been!

Over and out for now!
~CrazyJerry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
BobS (10-19-2014), Joggernot (10-20-2014)