View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 01:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
nickec
EcoModding Lurker

Two more posts and the system will allow me to post pictures.

In the pictures to come I compare the stock handlebar to the new fabricated inverted v bars, and I will show a super cheap seat consisting of a single bracket made from a bit of the metal framework which protects the motor scooter during shipping. Simple webbing completes the seat support structure.

I also experimented with inverted v bars which were bolted to the original bars using the tabs normally used to secure the plastic bodywork near the instrument cluster. These proved comfortable and gave me confidence about the riding position. Because I wanted to avoid destroying the original handlebar, I opted to make a new bar.

Readers may find it interesting that the rearview mirror tapped holes can serve to attach the controls in inverted v with *virtually no fabrication*. Just re-arrangement of parts. Another example of moving parts: the stock front fender makes a nice narrow upper fairing for the new narrowed handlebars - merely attach some foam to the inside and zip tie it in front.

Last example of part movement: In the full side photo attached to post #6 you see the original combination tail light, stop light, turn signal, license light rotated 180 degrees - inverted and attached to the original large bolts. This looks like it was made to be upside down! Seems too low though. The moped sticker would have to be mounted above the cluster because now the light faces up.

Last edited by nickec; 10-19-2014 at 03:28 AM..