View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maco
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I would say so - like the previously mentioned block of wood, but with a failsafe for power when you need it.

Maco - you will discover that the majority of the forum members here are extremely attentive in their driving habits.

Still, on a long drive on mostly flat roads, I could see the attraction of something like this. (Speaking as someone who doesn't have cruise control.)
Actually this device works well in town too it works in every gear right from pull away and you can use the gears to achieve different set speeds in different speed zones if top speed is set to 110km/h it will do some thing like 90 in 4th and 70 in third.
I cant remember the exact speeds as I haven't driven a petrol or diesel for over a year now.I have converted my Smart for Two to pure electric DC battery power and to pull less amps to improve range I designed around max rpm on the motors to cruise at 60 km/h the cost to charge up after a full discharge is $0.22 (52V down to 48V) and the range is 20km at this stage will go to 25km when I up it to a 60V system so it costs me $1.10 per 100 km which makes me smile a lot, sitting at traffic lights in absolute silence is some thing I dont think I will ever get used to.
I am also going to carry a small 2.2kW generator on board so I can go further and not have to ask strangers to plug in its not an efficient method but its ok I dont drive long distances often and if I have to go really far I rent a car for the day.