View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maco
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I'm not in a position to look at the video and won't be for several hours, so I'll just ask. Can you limit how much throttle you can apply before it gets difficult? If so, then this device is something I would definitely consider as it would help my city driving. I could focus more on driving and less time making sure I don't go over 31% throttle while accelerating.
The short answer is Yes

There is around 5 to 10 mm clearance under the devices rod, between the rod and the floor. When you put your foot down the accelerator moves down and the stainless steel shaft hits the floor and the mechanism gives the impression that your foot has bottomed out and has hit the floor. In this state in top gear your vehicle will achieve the set speed as the stainless steel shaft has M8 threads on it so you can fine tune the set speed. When you apply a very small additional force the mechanism releases the black plastic housing from the main plate and you can apply full throttle in an emergency or for overtaking. Lift off completely, mechanism rearms automatically re apply throttle gently and the vehicle will slow down to the speed limit, if you have just overtaken another car on a single lane road.
In an automatic car you just rest your foot on the accelerator and it does every thing for you until you at the speed limit. In a manual car stick shift you rev the engine until it maxes out at around 3000 rpm then change gear - you dont have to do that in first gear you only start in second as there is a bit too much grunt in first gear so you use less than the provided stop in first gear. I have posted more than 5 posts here so I can now post web links - here is the link to my website - on the home page there is a photo on the right hand side if you move your mouse over it there is a "press play" icon this will give you a slide show of how it works which is actually more clear than the youtube video
http://fuelsavingdevice.webs.com/