View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #69 (permalink)
chillsworld
I got ideas

Beast - '97 Mercury Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
i added that last part a few minutes after i submitted the post. there are plenty of guys who offroad their outbacks, one comes to mind who i think is from alabama actually. they're very popular in the NorthWest. heres a video from the 2012 event, when my car was still new Even Good Ol' Boys Love Mudding In Subarus
i really like the little article "even the reddest of necks..."
Oh I know, I've seen my fair share of Subbie GL/brat videos from the northwest! I love the clearance and tires on that first white one in the video I'd rock that for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
i had a homemade skid plate under my engine/trans but it got so bashed up i took it off and will just get a premade one when i have money. my front bumper got destroyed so i "fixed" it with zip ties and aluminum plates on the bottom. its much stronger than what it was for almost no money. my family truckster is just a mallcrawler right now, at least its living up to what i bought it for, a comfy family hauler thats reliable and can do almost anything and gets decent mpg. i was using the truckster for rallycross and offroading and all sorts of stuff but i broke an axle 2 months ago and am not allowed to use it for anything other than an appliance car. if you can find an older one cool, but some people get early 90s legacies, and track down an AUDM gearbox with true LO range. one guy in moab did this, his legacy makes rock crawling jeeps look stupid.

I think I've seen that video actually of the guy in MOAB, and I was sitting there giggling like a school boy when I watched. I would be more interested in a divorced transfer case for even greater MPG gains on the road

I'll definitely have to look into the subies again, now that I"m more or less in the market for another car . I kind of have my heart set on Diesel though, the idea of running on veggie or homebrew bio might be too much to ignore.

~C
PS you could add hamsters inside for a 'bio-hybrid' drive.