View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #70 (permalink)
adam728
EcoModding Apprentice

Mazda3 - '08 Mazda 3 S
90 day: 29.65 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '13 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 46.16 mpg (US)

Wife's - '12 GMC Terrain SLE-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
we sorta have similar goals. ever consider looking into a 2010 or so subaru outback? with the right tires theyll have about 9" of ground clearance and can go 95% of the places a jeep wrangler can.
That claim is heavily area dependent. Take it out to Arizona rock crawling and that 95% becomes more like 35% due to lack of low range and a breakover angle that will leave it beached everywhere. Take it to the dunes and that 95% becomes more like 99.99%.

Just saying, lots of factors come into play. Big thumbs up for wheeling it though.

Quote:
but i just saw you are in georgia, so i guess driving a foreign car would be like waving a flag that says "i hate jesus"
Still not as bad as parts of Michigan. This is "Big 3" land, and some people feel obligated to let those driving "foreign" cars know it. One town near us gives me a chuckle any time we pass through. The Car Quest has a Nissan Versa for the delivery car. We have yet to spot any other foreign car when driving through there, it's a game we play, every time. I swear they handed out a free Grand Am to everyone that moved to town, they seem to rule that place. Millington, MI