View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Here: Amazon.com: NGK 24300 Oxygen Sensor - NGK/NTK Packaging: Automotive

It literally even says right on the notes: Notes: Upstream, 2, 4, NTK is the OE Mfg

One reviewer put: Just like the other reviewer stated, this is the correct Wide Band Oxygen Sensor that is needed for the 1992 (both California and Federal version) or 1993 and newer (Federal version only) Civic VX's to operate correctly. I installed it to replace an older sensor and it engages and disengages lean burn much more smoothly than my previous sensor (the previous sensor was still good and did not throw a check engine light yet).

Another user reviewed:

I bought a 99 Civic HX manual transmission and right after I drove it home the check engine came on! code was 1162. I followed the shop manual diagnosis flow chart and it was indicated as a bad ECM unit. I replaced the ECM and no success! Checked the wiring with multimeter and there was no problem. Finally I decided to bite the bullet and buy the expensive primary O2 sensor (dealer asks $ 600+). First I ordered the cheapest compatible wide band (5 wire) O2 sensor which was Delphi brand but I returned it without installing it because I heard Hondas are compatible only with a few brands of O2 sensors. The old O2 sensor on my car was NTK so I bought the exact same sensor (NTK 24300) on Amazone for 199.98. It came in about 3 days and happily resolved the Check engine light problem. My car didn't have any symptoms and was working really smooth even with check engine light on. The gas mileage was between 34-42 MPG but it improved significantly after changing the sensor and a fresh tune up (NGK wires, Denso cap and rotor, NGK ZFR4F-11 spark plugs). Now I'm averaging 50+ MPG!

Make sure you clean all the ground electrical connections as well as the connection between battery negative pole and car body. Do not trust the ohm meter because a bad connection can make electrical noise even when the ohm meter shows 0.1 ohm. The wire itself can be rusted in the connector to the battery.