View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,594 Times in 7,077 Posts
I hadn't thought much about it beyond, why not the V-6? It's pretty obvious it has a mid-rear layout, and a fiberglass 'funny car' body.

Quote:
Unlike the standard car, however, the electric motor is not attached to a 1.8-litre Atkinson cycle engine and there is no point looking under the bonnet, because you’ll find nothing there either.

Instead this car now runs a 3.4-litre V8 race engine mounted between the B-pillars and rear axle, delivering torque to the rear wheels via a sequential manual gearbox
It sounds to me like it might be a 'through-the-road' hybrid, pure electric up front and gas in the back. Which is disappointing for a couple of reasons. One is the 2004 Alessandro Volta concept.

The other is that there exists a Korea spec/trailer towing option for the Highlander Hybrid/Lexus LX400 (3500lb towing capacity) drivetrain that was used in the Alessandro Volta.

So with a Prius donor car and a totalled SUV (how about hail damage, the glass and sheet metal are trashed but the heart is still golden?) You could have a 3.3liter V-6 and 2 MGRs in the back with the third MGR in the front.

I'd want narrower but off-set wheels and a narrower wide-body kit and no wing. Ride height looks good though.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Cobb (10-28-2014)