View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
New guy here with a VX.

So a couple weeks ago I was reading an article on either motor trend or car and driver's website about some of the most fuel efficient vehicles. I was quite surprised to see an old Honda CRX HF on the list which they claimed could get over 50 mpg.

I quickly began researching and stumbled upon this site as well as others. While searching craigslist and found a 91 CRX HF with a VX motor swap for sale. I convinced my wife to let me go look at it, but unfortunately somebody beat me to the car and put a deposit down with the owner to hold it for a couple days.

I was bummed at first but started searching craigslist again and found a 94 Civic VX (CA version) locally. I went to look at it and ended up buying it for $2400. Included were a set of VX wheels and some 14" steelies which the car is sitting on right now. The car has almost 245,000 miles on it, but is honestly in great shape for a car with that many miles. Even though its not the CRX I was interested in at first, I'm happy with the car and excited to see what kind of mileage i can squeeze out of it.

Plans for the VX as of now are to get an MPGuino, convert to 49-state lean burn, some minor aero mods, and use the VX wheels with some eco tires.

Glad to be a part of this site!