View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
cannabinoid
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
The number of valves inside the engine will not affect how it mounts or runs in your engine bay, the difficulty will be in the wiring. D15Z1 is an amazing engine but getting the wiring right will be a nightmare.

VTEC is a solenoid-operated mechanism that changes the valve lift, which allows for an engine to be optimized for both low- and high-RPM. It's typically not included in the cheaper engines.

All D-series engines are SOHC.

I agree with Balto's suggestion. If you replace it with the same engine, you won't have to change the ECU out or mess with any wiring. A spare transmission is nice to have, and you could always sell it.
Thank you for clarifying. So it would need Wiring harness, ecu, egr control box. Seems like it might be difficult to source all for the d15z1, i know a guy selling one but he doesnt have harness, i believe he added to his existing harness. Does the solenoid operated mechanism also have to be sourced?

Yea i though just replacing same engine but wanted to run it through you guys, learn something new everyday.