Thread: Hello from TN!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
LeeCig
This is a 91 Honda! HDY!

HDY! 91 Honda - '91 Honda Civic Base
Team Honda
Alriiiiight. Now that THAT'S out of the way, let me post my initial first post in it's entirety

Hey guys, been lurking for about a month or so. I think I found this place when I bought my little 150cc chinese scooter (basket case) with plans to commute to work on it. I soon realized was done riding 2 wheels to work to save gas when I found this site!

I'm buying this car this weekend if everything goes as planned. It's a 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback. The Cd didn't look horrible, and the MPG isn't the BEST starting point, but selection isn't the greatest it seems.
honda civic 91 hatchback in Manchester, TN #4267778 - Go LSN - Local Sales Network
Link has more pics.

Lemme add some pics that I took

Through the back glass. Pics taken in haste at the last minute. Shocks are blown on the hatch of course. Has the spare tire (donut).

So it has just under 150k, and I'm getting it for $2200. It is having a hot start problem that I'm hoping is just the coolant temp sensor. The PO loved this car, and I believe he took very good care of it. He's owned it for the last 7 years. Has a new distrubitor, fuel pump, and... a part that costs $180 lol he called it an "IC something" perhaps an IAC, which I believe stands for intake air control? That was the part that set his wife off and caused a big fight, making him sell it. Lucky me. I believe it's a good starting point. It's no VX, but I just saw one posted on that same site that sold within 5 days (when I saw it) with 330k for 3300 (I think, 3k+ for sure). I've been looking for the past month or so and I believe this is my chance to jump in.

So a little about me and my plans, I have a 150 mile round trip commute M-F, so if I can save gas getting there and back - more money in my pocket. Plus I absolutely LOATHE the fact that cars are still running on gasoline!!!!! I figure the less I can use, the less the oil companies have to spend making sure they stay that way. I guess first things first will be a vacuum gauge and I'm gonna need a MPGuino? Still slightly foggy in that area. Sure gonna miss that instant MPG meter in our 2010 Kia Forte. I'm liking the styling on Donkey CRX's kammback(?). Not too extreme but damn, 80 MPG? I could go for that! I like that you guys are a close and helpful group here. The guys on my ninja motorcycle forum are the same way. I'm sure to have many, many, and probably MANY questions so keep an eye out. Enough rambling. Tell me where the best place to start would be, besides remove the cold air intake!