View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
spacemanspif
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I like the look.

Roof racks! :P
lol I know you hate roof racks but rest easy knowing that the cross bars are in the cargo area and not hanging out up top doing nothing

I'm torn on deleting the roof rack entirely. On the one hand it can help MPG and isn't needed probably 95% of the time. I've been driving for 13 years and never needed to put anything on the roof. On the other hand, I'm sure that I'll run into some issue where I REALLY need a roof rack and will wish I didn't delete it. Plus, I'd have to fill the holes in the roof; apparently Ford used Riv-Nuts on the roof so I guess I could just put a bolt in with some RTV in the threads to seal them but they also have a reputation for spinning in place when trying to remove the bolts. I don't know what to do but if/when I paint the car I'm gonna have to decide if I want to pull it to paint it or just mask around them. If I pull it, I'll probably just leave it off...

I'm still getting used to this car, and need to start looking in to a cut off switch; no injector fuse to hack a switch in, so I need to take a look at the wiring and see where I can interrupt it. I'm still working my way up to all the shut down spots I used to use with the Saturn as I don't want to start pushing my luck with the starter and ignition switch just yet.

I really miss my vacuum gauge, the scan gauge just isn't as fast or easy to read. Once I find a good source and spot I like for it I'll install it on this car but I never realized how much I used it before.

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"