View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I did not have any idea that the Civic had a red button, I have had the car for 8,000, and changed the oil myself. Also, do you think they enjoy putting the engines and\or transmissions on the roof? They probably have more people looking for those than sun roofs, but good luck finding a replacement sun roof!

Also, who wants to dig through a car full of broken glass?

Finally, people tend to neglect their car and then blame the car, which self-perpetuates--if you do not have a good car, why would you take care of it?
I ran into them pulling the transmission out of the red car. They didn't seem to care and thought it was funny. It was a group of 3 college age guys. The typical car is only there 3-4 months before being crushed, they pull the large parts out before junking whatever is left and crushing it. There was several stacks of crushed cars all with taillights and bumpers still on them, I wanted a factory intake but they were Un willing to negotiate on price so I asked if they wanted to throw it in the trash or have $15 for it and obviously the answer was throw it in the trash so I left it

There is a little button next to the indicator light but for a car to end up junked at this yard it's pretty obvious they were neglected as a replacement engine is only $300 on the web.

The yard had a few other cars, owner seemed to like tuner cars as there was an rx7 gtu and a 300zx stacked on 2 cavaliers when you enter the yard

My civic thread