View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I do not think that I mentioned this yet. It has been several months since I cared to hear from her. She would get upset because I would not let her know when I received her check or money order.

Trust me, if I did not receive it, she would know.

If she wrote a check, she would know when I cashed it...

Just text messages, ignoring Facebook and e-mail, in the last month, she:

Asked if I received her payment: Yes.
Asked about a personal matter: Ignored.
Asked about another car payment: Ignored.
Told me I needed to give her the car registration: I got her a duplicate in January, but sent her another.
Then she told me that she would be paying a second $10 towards her car insurance, which has cost me nearly six hundred dollars to date.
Then she happened to run into me. I continued about my business and she sent me two text messages, insulting me, cursing at me, and saying that I was immature for ignoring her.

I do not think that is how maturity works.

There has probably been at least one Facebook message for every text, plus the e-mails. I asked USAA how much it had cost me to insure her and the agent asked if she still lived with me.

"Wait, what? She never lived here."
He said they never should have insured her and they needed to remove her immediately. He eventually gave me one month to get her off of my insurance. We have a contract and I asked my attorney about it, but I hired him for much more important reasons.

Within weeks, she will not be able to legally drive my car; she will not be able to get insurance in her own name, the car is registered to me. I have not heard from her in a week and since I have not had any feedback from my lawyer, I am inclined to tell her she needs to sign a new contract, where we include reimbursement for insurance, specify that she mail her payment and that there is not any implied warranty, and I really want a clause prohibiting her from harassing me.

The curious thing is that she undoubtedly replaced my Costco battery with the cheapest one that she could find, so if I needed to replace it, it might not transfer to me!