Thread: It works!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neut
EcoModding Lurker

Maroon - '96 Lexus SC300
90 day: 23.38 mpg (US)

BlkBear - '06 Lincoln Navigator
90 day: 18.03 mpg (US)

IS250 - '06 Lexus IS250 AWD
It works!

I wanted to let you all know that I enjoyed some great "Ecomodding Success" on my recent vacation journey. My trip was approx 1,600 miles in a 2006 Lincoln Navigator. This is my wife's car not one I would choose to drive myself. Anyway, the EPA combined in this truck is 16mpg. Before leaving on the trip I inflated the tires to around 44psi instead of the usual 36psi. I tried to drive at a slower than normal pace for the entire trip. I eased the vehicle up the hills and mountains. I also did many neutral coasts where possible. I set up a ScanGaugeII to monitor things. The trip mainly consisted of a roundtrip from Metro Atlanta to near Buffalo, NY and back. It seems like the trip was much more "up hill" going north. I was able to average 19.8 on the northern leg and 20.2 on the return for an average of 20mpg for the 1,600 miles. A 25% improvement on the EPA combined avg. Gas prices varied from $3.98 up to $4.16 per gallon. I used regular 87 octane for all fill ups. I figured the Ecomodding saved me about 25 gallons of fuel (one complete fill-up) and right around $100! We did haul a lot of luggage and stuff and also had the A/C on 100% of the time. Still I am thrilled with the results and owe much of it to this site...Thanks!