View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jerry Liebler
EcoModding Lurker

LuvmyPIP - '13 Toyota Prius plug in base
90 day: 57.94 mpg (US)
Hello from a 100% recycled PIP owner in KY.

Yes, the title is right, my pride and joy, a 2012 Plug In Pius is 100% recycled!
The body, glass, & mechanical drive train came from a totaled but brand new with 2 miles PIP that was flooded by huricane Sandy. The high water line was just below the side mirrors. The entire electrical system, interior and many other parts came from a totaled roll over crash (air bags were not deployed & were transferred) victim that had 12,000 miles on it & was registered in Virginia. I participated, with lots of help, in the stripping and rebuilding process which was done by the Prius experts at Autobeyours in Scottsburg In. It took a while, about a year, but I couldn't be more pleased with the result which I've now put about 12,000 trouble free miles on in about a year. I went from a 20 MPG Honda Odyssey to using 20 %-40% EV and getting a combined mileage of 89 MPGE on my last tank (126 MPGE on EV and 69MPG on gas). My only modification is 75% gill block (which will go to 100% as temperature falls) and I run my stock OEM LRR tires @ 40 PSI front, 42PSI rear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Liebler For This Useful Post:
planetaire (11-10-2014), undeRGRound (11-09-2014)