View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Sorry, I saw that I had a response and realized that I missed two previous ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
Where did you get the separators, and what price?

They appear to be slightly overlapping the lips of the rims. Is that right?

I'm considering to do the same thing, as 16" separators would be flatter and more durable than 15" coroplast, and would cover the lips with a 1/4" overlap. Hopefully the gap between separator edges and sidewalls would keep them from touching.
Yes, they do overlap slightly. Unfortunately, I was not able to center them very well.

I believe that I found the pizza separators through JustMe1969:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post380186
We also discussed them in my thread:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ans-26001.html

They are currently $3.81 each, with $7.99 shipping for four, totaling $23.23. Amazon does not have them and Google Shopping does not show anyone charging less for shipping. I originally bought a 16" disc, I think that was for my Forester, but then I bought my Civic, and saw the fifteen-inch discs in a restaurant supply store.

They also had cardboard disks, although I am not sure what sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
I did a thread on brake ducts on the Q45. Routed the air from the slots in the front bumper
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...kes-18011.html
Yes McRews, I remember reading that, you did very good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
For example these ties will work for sure:
Panduit PLT3S-M0

Zipties needed width is 4.5mm to 4.8mm wide.

If you drilled the holes too close to the center of the capsel then you can mount tape to the wheel spokes so the cable ties wont "slide" towards the outer edge.

Needed drill size is 10mm closest is 13/32 in inches and with 25/64 size you only need to rotate the drill slightly to get the plug through the hole.

Hole size is not as important as to get the zipties straigth through the holes.
It looks like I found those zip ties:

Amazon.com: Panduit PLT3S-M0 BLACK WEATHER RESISTANT STD. CABLE TIE 3" MAX. BUNDLE (package of 100): Industrial & Scientific

I did not have time to redo my covers before I drove home and I left the zip ties that fit at Mom's house.

I brought down the wrong ones!

One of the zip ties broke. I bought a set of drill bits, so one of them should be the right size, but I have not re-drilled yet, I am waiting to get my zip ties back.

I am trying to drill out the outer edge. I do not know what difference it makes, but it cannot help. I am not sure that twisting the zip ties is that good for them.

Mostly I am concerned with removing the generic Plasti-Dip and replacing it with the real stuff. Maybe I will climb on my carport and spray that over my parking spot, it always leaks when it rains.

I also took off my grill block and air dam. I do not know how good of an idea it is, but it would at least look better to have one smooth piece for both, kind of like a mustache.