View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
AlexanderB
EcoModding Apprentice

The government thinks diesel cars are responsible for high levels of particulate emissions inside cities, and 1 city went as far as wanting to ban all diesel cars before 2001.
The law will be altered in 2015 to allow this to happen, also in a lot of other cities, unless they choose not to.

'They' expect 30% reduction in particulate matter in the air, but we all know thats not gonna happen if *all* diesel cars combined are only the source of a few % of the total particulate matter. Big polluters are (badly used) wood stoves, industry, trucks, and somewhere at the bottom of the list all cars (brakes/tires) and diesel cars.

For now, I'm just waiting to see what'll happen, because they're getting sued left and right, mostly because they can't just pick a date and ban cars before that while identical but newer cars can get in, thats unfair.
Regardless, my car couldn't get in even if they switched to a more fair system like in Germany. (Where they allow/ban cars by their Euro 1/2/3/4/etc.. emissions rating.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Get a Lupo or an A2.
I'm assuming you mean the 3L or TDI?
Also, most of them for sale are from before 2001, so useless to me.
I was going to go for a 306 or something on LPG, similar/lower cost while driving a bigger car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
Sounds like its time to find a new government
yeah, I wish.. I would move to another country but I don't know which one.
Voting doesn't work either, because they always do things that are completely opposite to what they promised in their election campaign, and the general trend seems to be limiting individual freedoms and raising taxes.