View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #145 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
Throttle smoothing circuit?
It's a gimmick I bought from one of the IC guys, supposedly it's going to smooth out the acceleration/deceleration and give me a boost of mpg between 6 & 10%. I'm installing it today, so I'll find out on the next tank, since I'm almost at empty. This tank will mimic the last tank (I'm at about 73 mpg on the dash), so we'll see if the throttle smoothing circuit is worthwhile since it's installation will coincide with a fresh tank.

BTW, you seem to be doing a lot to keep your IMA charged. One of the mods I did on Turtle that helped keep my IMA charged was adding the regenerative brake button, which I installed on the shifter. Instead of using the brakes (unless heavy braking action is required), I press the regen button and it makes the assist motor think I have hit the brakes, so it goes into full regen mode until I let go of the button. It also turns on the brake lights when I press the button, so I'm not slowing without the people behind me noticing. I run around with a full IMA battery all the time now from that mod, I haven't had any issues at all since installing it, and I barely even use the brakes now.
This was super-easy to install btw, and you could make your own.

The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (05-17-2022)