View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #127 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
With the quality work you've done so far, I can't wait to see how you're underbelly tray and wheel skirts will turn out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Your air dam looks fantastic! How well does it line up with your bumper? The lawn edging that I bought from Home Depot has flaps on each side. I cut off the edging right below the top one, but was not able to cut as straight as I wanted. I left the other flap to line up with the bottom of my bumper, but did not think to remove it for the corners, so it never fit very well. I used a heat ray and it improved somewhat, but then it started melting. I like my new one, but it still does not fit perfectly, and I am afraid to hit it with the ray gun again because I might make it worse.
Thanks so much fellas! Funny you mention that Jedi Sol. I just mailed a local politician earlier asking if (after tomorrow's election) he would donate a few of his MASSIVE (circa 4'x6') coroplast signs to me for my under-carraige. Ha! I even told him to consider using his signs to line the county police cars, if he indeed gets elected to Sheriff. Ahahahahaha! I crack myself up...

Fitment is actually pretty good on this, though certainly not store-bought perfect. I'm hoping the form will settle in a bit more on the corners over time/heat exposure, etc... But really, I'm quite happy with it, for an hour or so of elbow grease and some landscaping material. My personal favorite part about the outcome of this was...and this was strictly coincidence/me getting lucky...that the distance from the top of the black trim on the bumper to the beginning of the OEM VX lip is the exact same distance I decided to go down from the VX lip to the beginning of the lawn edging. It's about 1/4" for each, if you look in the pics. It's the mirror image of this measurement that I feel really ties in the design rather smoothly coming off of the bumper.

Here's some more pics. One side I did a decent job with the fitment in my cut as the bumper ends near the wheel-well (drivers side). The other side...missed it by about 1/8". Urggg. I didn't lose sleep over it last night, but I sure did think about it quite a few times!

"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 11-03-2014 at 05:57 PM..