View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #142 (permalink)
AlexanderB
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
I totally understand; SUV's would definitely be more rare in Europe.
Oddly, I think it's a good thing - maybe not good for our purposes, but definitely better for the planet.
Well, the Outlander PHEV is being sold a lot here though. I looked it up, they also have a read electric motor. I wonder if its the same thing..

Quote:
I really hope that Toyota didn't just end the concept with the Highlander. Perhaps folks can do some digging for a similar thing?? Maybe one of the AWD sedans have a similar motor??
They very well might, but I can't find any info on the one that comes to mind, the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid.

Quote:
A guy on the DIYEV list was using one of the Prius transmissions to power an MR2; he used both motors at once to get the most power.
Been thinking about doing just that, but I'm not sure if I want or don't want the Prius to still be attached to it when I do, and I get conflicting answers as to how reliable it would be.

Quote:
The Prius electric motor is more powerful than the MGR motor, so it could be worth the effort. After all, I see a lot of Prii on the road - which hints at opportunites for parts...
I did not know that. And indeed, so many parts donors on the road.