View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
With the quick and easy installation of a Phoenix Fuel Converter, you can expect to see fuel savings of 15% up to 20%
That is a large increase and it is supposed to improve performance, too. This would make a larger difference than any modifications that most of us will ever make to the same vehicle.

Quote:
“Will work on any fuel injected , water cooled engine.”

Not for sale in California. Awaiting California A.R.B. approval
Quote:
The Phoenix Fuel Converter is a coolant to catalyst heat exchanger. The process is designed so when large hydro carbon chains come in direct contact with the heated catalyst, the covalent bonds are broken or at least weakened, making smaller hydro carbon chains that will vaporize and burn easier in the combustion chamber and produce more power with less fuel. This allows for better fuel efficiency, engine power, and reduces emissions on every engine it is installed on.
I think this is the page that we want to see:
Test Data - Fuel Converter

Quote:
For the test engine we used the Caterpillar C-15. A 15 liter diesel engine rated at 455 horse power.
Quote:
Most notably, the particulate matter (PM) was reduced by over 21%. Furthermore, the fuel efficiency increased by 11.38%. Other independent lab tests and customer tests conducted on over the road large diesel trucks and gasoline cars show fuel efficiency gains of 14-17%.
There are tables and stuff showing other tests, oh, here is an important detail:

Quote:
CFT Fuel Catalyst requires a month of running to reach its full potential.
None of these tests lasted anywhere near this long, they show a table with improvement over ten weeks, but it does not specify those are actual numbers, projections, or just wishful thinking.

There is a table showing a Mack dump truck with A-A-A-A-B-B-B-B testing (four days of each), supposedly improving 29%.

I do not know if just the emissions are supposed to continue improving or the fuel economy as well, the Mack truck looks like it continues to improve overall, but the economy varies wildly before and after. If it worked that well, I do not know why they would stop testing. If nothing else, I would think the owner would ask "Can I purchase that off of you? I will report the numbers every day!"

I really want more data points, but I think that explaining what catalyzes fuel is more important.