View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #149 (permalink)
Cyruscosmo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The only thing I know of that compares is this aftermarket part made in Oztralia for the Porsche 911:

I think the picture is from Autospeed. It has a carbon-fiber case, an oil-cooled gearset, a Quafe limited slip diff and about 600hp. Having seen that, I immediately recognized the value of the Toyota/Lexus part, which is about $2300 as a new replacement part on eBay.
Hey Freebeard

Do you have a link to this site? Or the part number for the motor in question? 600 HP sounds nice for a Z3

Guess what rolled into my parking lot... A toyo highlander. One of the guys who used to work here has one and let me crawl around under it taking pictures. That front mount is an iron piece and tucked up in there pretty good. The whole unit sits on a removable sub-frame.

E*clips is right it is designed to handle a lot of torque.

I am thinking it would come in handy in your application as it would put the mounts to either side of "or on top" of that wishbone arrangement you have in the stock VW mount. No need to go up through the sheet metal work as the mount angles down on either side. The rear mount looks like it would fit in a plate that could bolt across those two bolts where the transmission bell sat.

Cyruscosmo