View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #150 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I spent a hour this morning reading through this thread, apologies for not following it more closely. What I particularly appreciate is the attention to detail and a quality finished product in every respect.

You are the type of person who will succeed in life, with standards that surpass the "it's good enough" rationale in every respect.

I'll freely admit when I saw the "JDM styling" part of your thread title, I visualized one of those radical aero kits that I see on what's left of the "riced out" remains of Honda's of that era in the eastern Virginia area. Few of those left show any kind of appreciation for the quality of your build.

My only advice would be to avoid situations where you allow any other driver to destroy your gorgeous VX due to their (other drivers) total negligence of any consideration for other drivers. Keep a very close watch on your "6 oclock" position when on the highway.
It would truly be a crime to see this piece of automotive art destroyed. Personally I would want to rip off the arms of the offender and beat them to death with their former extremities.

deejaa's video of being rear ended by a tractor trailer came into mind when you posted about being tailgated by big rigs. Driving to Richmond yesterday in my wife's Sorento I had the cruise set on 78 MPH. 80 is wreckless in Va and I was still being passed regularly by traffic. I heard a motorcycle engine and looked in my rear view mirror to see a bike 6 feet behind my right tail lamp! Told the wife to look in her mirror. The bike rider was one brake application (by me) away from death and some people would be startled by his actions and hit the brakes, smearing him all over the highway.

Stay safe, even if it means a couple of MPG. Driving with a single purpose, fuel mileage, should NOT mean allowing a idiot to injure or kill you, and the early 90s lightweights don't stand a chance with the 5k+ monsters people drive like idiots on todays highways.
While it certainly is your right to drive slower than the flow of traffic, you can bet the irresponsible idiot that destroys your "Picasso" and possibly injures yourself or anyone else, will not have the financial capability to ever compensate you for the damage done.

regards
mech
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
OG VX (11-11-2014), vrmouseyd15b (11-09-2014)