View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Add Mud Flaps to new side skirts? Need advice

All, I went out early this morning to cut extensions to bolt to my sideskirts.

Long story, they needed to be 73" each, per my measurements. Went to cut the first side skirt, cut it 72.25", somehow. Urg. The material I'm using is the same I used to make my front lip (composite lawn edging). It's very hard, and was difficult to wrestle into shape to measure and cut, as it comes in a roll and holds a lot of tension to get back to this shape.

Which should I do:

1. Have the one side nice and flush, 73", and just space the other side as evenly as I can, leaving about .4 inches on each side of a gap, to make up for the lack of length.

OR

2. Put the front mud flaps on. This takes about 2" of space on the side skirt. I could then make both sides accurate with a second measured cut.

I like the look of the flaps, but how would MPG's be affected adding back in the front and rear flaps? I would add the rears as well, to match the fronts, likely.

3. Add just the fronts, not the rears. Might look funky with just the fronts. I don't know...

If the difference is negligible, I may just go with option #2.

Sorry to ask such a silly question. I just hate mus-measurements and want the side skirts to measure up exactly once complete.

Dynamic in place: I have no more material, and another roll cost $25. So "just cutting some more" is not a viable option at this point.

"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX