View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
hege
EcoModding Lurker

Spanish whip - '12 Seat Ibiza ST E-Ecomotive 1.2 TDI
90 day: 53.84 mpg (US)
It seems like the car hasn't been well maintained. A couple weeks ago the audi did not start for a week because the gear box needed a "basic settings" done. The gear box needs to be calibrated every ~20 000 miles to take into account clutch wear and to check if the gear box is in good condition. Eventually the car won't start if you don't do it.

Oil consumption has also been high, 1 quart every 700 miles. It also did not pass the yearly inspection because the tie rod ends were too worn. I'll first have to change the rod ends, and then I'll start looking where the oil is going. The engine looks wet, so it's probably leaking the oil. This far it hasn't been very easy, but I hope I'll quickly get familiar with the car.

Last saturday I had the time to go through the garage entry for my car, and updated all fuel logs. This far my average fuel consumption has been 68.5 MPG (3.4 l/100km). It is a bit too high, and I think lack of measuring fuel consumption for each trip I make is the cause.

I have started to reset the fuel consumption gauge before each trip so I can have better control of fuel economy goals and can adjust my driving more quickly. My goal at this point is to get close to 78.5 MPG (3.0 L/100 km).