Thread: What Gives
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
It does depend on location. Everybody raises the price when crude goes up, and as crude climbs, everybody is pretty much within 10 cents here or downstate. But some towns here actually do lower prices when crude goes down. Which is good, since used to be you had to be downstate for that kind of action. Thankfully Boyne City is becoming one of them, since I can go through there on the way home from work and today I paid 20 cents less than Charlevoix, and in recent months its been a similar situation. Unless Ive done bad planning and need gas bad, I avoid patronizing Charlevoix or Petoskey since they dont do it. Awhile back crude went down and only after 2 weeks did they lower it by a measly 2 pennies. I was paying nearly 30 cents less just a little ways south before crude went back up again. And they took their 2 pennies back and everybody was the same price again. Quite some time ago a radio announcer was baffled at how the rest of Michigan was at like $2.30, and Petoskey still refused to lower it from $2.80. I think their goal is to rape the tourists but theyre hurting the locals in the process.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver