View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
The same friend linked me this a little while later, it just took a while to find a version that I could embed here:

The comments were out of control. It was an interesting video, something that I plan on trying very soon, and enough for me to mention it to others, but people acted extremely agitated about this, or to others' responses, with a level of rage that can only be achieved regarding unimportant objects posted on the Internet. Some were along the lines of:

Please excuse me, that, like any meme, gets used too much.

People complained about how much water he wasted. He filled that small bucket and then continued spraying it for about the same length of time. Yes, he wasted water, although he also watered his lawn, and the shredded potato peel also fertilized his lawn. Like any time-saving suggestion, people kept saying to just do things the normal way. Just use a knife. They make peelers for that. Boil them and dunk them in cold water. While searching for this version of the video, I found many videos about the correct way to do any of the above. One video claimed to show you how to peel a potato in ten seconds, but the video was almost a minute long, and they obviously used time-lapse and skipped ahead.