View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
free radical
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I've come to the conclusion that my garage is inadequately lighted. I really want more light when working out there. As it is, I can barely take pictures without the trouble light, and even then the pictures are dark. Yeah, its workable, but a little extra lighting would probably do me a world of good I think.

So, I'm looking for suggestions. Mainly, I'm looking to have better lighting for working on cars. I'm wondering what you guys have that works good, and probably just as importantly where to place the lights? I'm guessing 4' florescents are the easiest and least expensive to put up. But where? On the sides and between the cars?

Below is my general garage layout. Its a 2.5 car garage. The orange shows my current lighting. I have 4 E27 (standard screw base bulbs) that have 100W equivalent CFLs in them. I then have a 2 bulb 4' florescent over my workbench off to the left. I have no idea what the specs are on it. The blue shows what I think might work good. I really only work on cars in the left stall, so one 4' florescent fixture on either side of where the engine bay is would probably be good? I don't think having the light in front of the car would do much good as my shadow would block a lot of the light.

Ideas and suggestions would be great.

For most powerful light we used to have those portable halogen ones on construction sites,with expanding stand.
Mind you those get very hot so need to keep away from flammable materials