View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #1302 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I got the flywheel attached, cyrusCosmo! It works great. I have never been very mechanical, but finally understand what you guys were saying about connecting a DC motor and doing regen. I could use the same battery bank to power the dc motor, and then run the AC motor in regen, charging the same battery bank. haha. I'm not going to, at least at the moment, as I don't have a Dc motor.
Just don't regen more than the DC motor consumes otherwise this thread might end up in the unicorn corral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
So, I just need to test the UART and EEProm stuff, and then I'll get the stuff together and ship them out. I hope you guys didn't pay for shipping already. haha. If so, then it will get shipped out in about 2 weeks (payday). haha
Not sure how it all works out. I sent the 6 IGBT's (US$360) and an additional US$500 your way but that was before you knew all the costs.
Let me know what it all works out to once you find out the shipping costs and i will send more cash if required. I will PM you my address to work out shipping.

I wonder what is going to be more expensive, shipping to Canada or shipping to Australia?
Will it be the size or the weight that determines the cost?

I am still in the middle of my EV conversion so shipping delays should not be a problem, the slowest and cheapest boat will do.