View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #159 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Aluminum Plate, man I wish I bought a forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Paul BOUGHT something?
Easy, easy! I buy stuff! Just today I was at the dollar store, buying a table cloth for my baby's first birthday coming up on the 30th! So there! I got a great deal on it, too. It was only $1.

We BOUGHT some enamel stuff for the battery box inside, that resists heat up to 1200 degF and is really hard when it dries. I hope the batteries don't get up to 1200 degrees, though.

I ordered a full size picture of Oprah for our living room shrine, but had to return it, since our wall is only 250 square feet.

I'm currently bidding on something that shall remain nameless, since it is such an awesome deal that I can't hardly stand it, and there might be some sneaky lurker that races over to some web site that shall remain nameless (it rhymes with eday) to try and outbid me on this very important thing that will help complete some certain project that shall remain nameless. As a hint, it's name can be found in a classic Tom Hanks movie that is about life and a box of chocolates.

OK, so what's the best way to fill in holes in rusty metal that is super strong and sort of cheap?