View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #162 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dremd View Post
Where do you have rust at?
Is it all the way through?
In one area it's all the way through (right behind the back seat, at least I have great access to the transmission hahaha!). I have a nice piece of wood that covers the hole almost perfectly! I just need something that will seal the edges of the board to the metal of the car.

In a few spots, it's not all the way through, like the barrier to the motor behind the back seat, just below the back window. For awhile, I think I'll let the rusty spots be rusty. I'll deal with them a little later. It's not TOO bad. (sort of). I'll buy some kryogenically frozen something or other, that dremd suggested, a little later. Right now, I'm too sad about not having money for batteries. I might even wh0re out my favorite calculator! It has always been a foul temptress. And most of it's life it has been a daughter of debauchery. What's more, it has occasionally been known to be a son of Sampson. It has been an Aunt of Adam Ant. I'm not sure what that means, but it might be pretty bad... What have I become! Is not my calculator a man and a brother??!!

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 07-19-2008 at 02:25 AM.. Reason: I forgot about Sampson