View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #101 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Mazda MX6 Day 130 No Video Nov 6 2014

I spent some time doing a bit of troubleshooting. The contactors both appear to click, but it's hard to tell. Touching each of the contactors as they cycle I still can't be sure.

I check bus voltage while the contactors are cycling. There is no bus voltage. It's weird. It was always 5V before, or 9V. Now it's 0V? That's shown on the interface module. I have that sinking feeling again ...

Tomorrow I will disconnect the contactor coils and cycle them at 12V, check for resistance. If they are damaged, I'll get the new ones ordered. If they are not, I need to troubleshoot the controllers with Netgain .. or just send both the controllers in to get repaired. The one controller has a primary contactor output that has failed. This second controller, the one that took the high current and the overheat, may have the same thing or something different ... but Netgain should be able to tell pretty quickly with their test rig instead of wasting time figuring it out with me .. in the case that the controller is not turning on the contactors properly.