View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Turtle Man I've owned a lot of cars

Good Morning, allow me to enter the fray,
In 1987 My uncle died, He was a car "collector".
My Aunt let my cousins get first pick of the cars for their own use, then she called me and asked if I would like any of them.
#e!! yeah says I.
I don't remember all of the cars that were left, but heres what I took away from the lot:
1974 Dodge Dart W/ 225 slant 6. Gave it to my father-in-law.
1969 Dodge D-100 van. Didn't run, couldn't figure it out, gave it to a neighbor. He couldn't figure it out either, ended up in a junk yard.
1972 Plymouth Fury Police Interceptor W/ 440 wedge W/ Dual Carter Thermo-Quad Carbs, from the factory.
WOOOHOOO
Man that Fury would FLY
But it only got 5.5 miles to the gallon. But gas was only $.699 a gallon. So I didn't care. Cost me $5. a week to go to and from work, Big Deal.
Many years later, dum dum dum,
My Grandmother gave me her 1979 Lincoln Town Car
All Leather
BIG Air Conditioner
BIGGER gas tank
I think, never actually checked, it got ~11 mpg.
When people would ask, and they would, what was my mileage, I would tell 'em "12 mpg that's 7 ona highway + 5 ina city". lol ROFL, Nobody drives a land yacht for mileage.
I sold it cause i couldn't afford to fill it anymore.
I actually had one prospective buyer ask me what the EPA mileage on it was. My reply " If your lookin' fer mileage you ain't lookin' fer no Lincoln!"
Well I've wasted plenty of time here, lets go lurk somewhere else now
lurk lurk lurk

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein