View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
RollinWOT
EcoModding Mechanic

Talking New to ecomodding!

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Nigel, I'm a mechanic from Tucson with a wife and two kids. My daily driver is a 1998 Ford Ranger, 3.0L V6, 5-speed manual. It's gets abysmal fuel mileage, topping out at around 14mpg. It has zero aerodynamics, big beefy 31x10.50x15 mud tires, a toolbox, etc. It's mainly my DD, and my camping rig when the family goes out. However, my wife drives a 1997 Honda Accord CW2 Wagon. It has the F22B2 VTEC 4cyl, and the 4-speed auto trans. She's not too good with manual, so auto it is. It is completely factory, no mods yet. We drive it all the time. We've owned it less than a year, and have put 6000 miles on it already. I figured aero mods are first on the list of getting better mpgs. I'm not sure what sort of mileage it gets, as I don't have a fuel monitor. I'm sure a tune-up, fixing some leaks, and adding a bellypan would bump it up to a reasonable fuel mileage average. It has the factory roof rack on it, but we are hesitant to remove it because we do quite a bit of traveling. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!!!