View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #1313 (permalink)
P-hack
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
Interesting .. running AC motors in parallel while in FOC.
You would probably have to sacrifice FOC with one controller and multiple motors that aren't bolted together , which doesn't look like a deal breaker, since you can adjust your driving style (FOC seems most helpful in lighter loads AFAIKT and seems to lose any advantage at heavier loads, you can regain some starting torque with slip tuning).

Haven't completely thought through which sensor to use for slip, maybe average with individual limits? I don't know of a good way to make the slower wheel not have more torque than the faster, except to stop feeding the motors (or don't feed it much, just keep your speed up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
What do you mean "slip mode"? If A motor like the one in your car unsyncs from its rotating magnetic field, it looses ALL torque.
I believe we are discussing induction motors here, right?!? slip is the relationship between the rotating magnetic field speed and the rotor speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
You'll find them on most racecourses.
By manageable, I mean that you may have to think about your driving style for the first day, not necessarily win races.

Remember, I'm talking about the simple approach that I can think of for multiple induction motors, not the fanciest thing you can imagine that will make your breakfast for you approach.

Last edited by P-hack; 11-15-2014 at 10:04 PM..