View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dubbio
EcoModding Lurker

Jimmy - '73 GMC Jimmy High Sierra
SUV
90 day: 9.23 mpg (US)
Thumbs up Hello from Ohio!

Hello! Ive been lurking so long i thought i actually registered a while back, appearantly not, so i finally did. Lots of good info on here, good job guys/gals(?). Ive been taking my toys apart since i could use a tool and now my toys are heavy and loud, i figure this path of the automotive hobby is probably better seeing as how it should pay for itself in the long run.

My car is '96 Neon Expresso sedan, 2.0 SOHC 16v, 5 speed with over 230kmi. Nothing real exciting but with the stick shift its plenty fun for me. Paid $650 2 years ago, and its been a trooper, was getting 33mpg in a mixed driving scenario. I have been trying to keep myself in the hypermiling mode and have a best of 38mpg so far, but winter weather and time are bringing that to an end. I tend to remove things as they fail, so bye-bye to a dead A/C system and I stripped the power steering out. Other than that I made a DIY intake and Duct taped up some bumper openings. Ive also pumped up the tires to 40psi cold. In the future ill eventually get some real Aero mods done and most importantly build a new motor for it.