View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
KROHN27
EcoModding Lurker

EG6 - '95 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 50.1 mpg (US)

Clownshoe - '00 BMW Z3 Coupe
90 day: 27.92 mpg (US)

M3 - '95 BMW M3
90 day: 24.39 mpg (US)

M Coupe - '99 BMW M Coupe
90 day: 22.67 mpg (US)

Z3 Coupe - '01 BMW Z3 Coupe
90 day: 26.24 mpg (US)

E90 M3 - '08 BMW M3
90 day: 20.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Great work sir! So glad to here about the positive progress. I bet you can get to 58 with adding a front air dam extension. I noticed much less turbulence to have to fight once I added mine.

I just installed some Eibach Sportline springs on the car this weekend. They came with used OEM shocks that were not in as good of condition as mine. I went ahead and ran them anyway, as I didn't want to fool with a spring compressor. They ride surprisingly well, even with the aged shocks. I plan to swap on my OEM shocks this coming weekend. Hoping that fixes the slightly bumpy ride and few rattles here in there. It is my understanding that with the Sportline's, you CAN run the OEM shocks, though aftermarkets are recommended, solely because they will wear out the OEM shocks over time. But, if I can eek out 15K or so out of them, while riding nice, I'll do that.

I have a 2" gap at all corners. Very happy with the Sportline height. I'll make an update post to my thread soon.
Thanks for the insight! Did you get your car aligned after you got them installed? I'd love to see some photos of the car with the springs on so I can really get an idea of what it would look like for me. I'm right down the road as well, maybe I can pop up to Mooresville and check it out sometime.