View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
KROHN27
EcoModding Lurker

EG6 - '95 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 50.1 mpg (US)

Clownshoe - '00 BMW Z3 Coupe
90 day: 27.92 mpg (US)

M3 - '95 BMW M3
90 day: 24.39 mpg (US)

M Coupe - '99 BMW M Coupe
90 day: 22.67 mpg (US)

Z3 Coupe - '01 BMW Z3 Coupe
90 day: 26.24 mpg (US)

E90 M3 - '08 BMW M3
90 day: 20.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
^^ Yeah, that would be great.

Alignment, yes, I'm looking into a camber set for the fronts. Likely will install those when I swap out the shocks.

Their is a very slight pull to the right when steering now. It's not severe, and did get a bit better once the new suspension "settled".

With the "pro kit", OEM shocks and suspension geometry is not affected severe enough to justify new shocks and an alignment kit.

But, the "sportline kit" is more aggressive. I'm glad I went with it though, as I believe the Pro Kit would have been too subtle of a change to really do much of anything... Being that the VX is the lightest Civic trim, I don't think it drops as much as, say an EX model.
I just realized I said that I have the sport kit, but I have the black eibach springs, which are the street kit (pro) kit, so they would sit up a little higher than the sports I'm sure. I just checked out your thread though, car looks great!

Quote:
How far off from your previous tires do you odometer and speedo read?
I really never calculated the difference with my old tires until just now. My old tires were 175/70/13 and these new tires are factory size for the insight which is 165/65/14. When my speedo says 60mph, I'm going roughly 57mph. Naturally with smaller tires, I'm going to turn slightly more RPMs but these 165's are 5.7% smaller in width, and I really think the car gets into lean burn quicker, and seems lighter on its feet.

Last edited by KROHN27; 11-22-2014 at 07:48 AM..