View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
After two years and three different mechanics fail to fix my low speed miss, I finally found the right mechanic who fixed it. It was a bad coil pack. Up to 199k miles now and it runs as good as the day I bought it again. Passed emissions with 10-15% of the allowable emissions. My mpgs are slipping a little, averaging 36.1, but I had a recent high tank of 39.6. I haven't had a 40+ tank in 2014, but I also spent less than $750 on total repairs and maintenance.

Oh, one other.mechanical issue, too, this year. Ive worn out a battery a year for the last five years since I started hypermiling. They were cheap replacements sine it was in the first year of the warranty and I assumed it was because I was spending 15 minutes a day EOC with the lights on. Turns out it was just a bad negative battery terminal preventing the battery from taking a full charge. $4 fix, no problems since.

I also upgraded the stereo to one that's bluetooth comparable and for audiobooks, music, and the ability to answer the phone hands free, it was money well spent.