View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #367 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Ok. Yeah, I'm probably covered. But i own a car still so it's moot.

I took my new 185/60/14 Yokohama iceGUARD ic52c ("LRR") tires on 14x6 VW "teardrop" wheels to Cleveland last week to hit up Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park with some coworkers. Luckily they had snow so I could try the tires out.

They were loud at first but as they broke in (500 miles recommended, 400 covered) they quieted down quite a bit. On road handling is very sensitive to suspension loading and weight transfers- it loads up very quickly then bites. I suspect this will even out as they wear down. Until then, I am driving smoothly.

In the snow, they are awesome. I drove through a wet snow pile and stopped in a couple inches of white stuff in a dirt parking lot and had absolutely no trouble driving straight out (image below). Acceleration is great. Braking is, too! Lane changes across snow mounds are a little more squirrelly than my oversize Blizzaks from last year, but totally doable. Over all I am very happy with them and so far recommend them.

Time for pictures.

(I'm amazed there is an angle you can stand where the car looks like it's still a single color)

Last edited by Sven7; 11-18-2014 at 12:41 PM..