View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Grant-53
Master EcoModder

Well I put the snow tires on my bicycle last week and I need to treat the helmet visor with defog fluid. As for my relatives in the Buffalo South towns it's winter as usual. I would list good snow tires, adequate ground clearance, and weight over drive wheels as the minimum requirements. The correct antifreeze and windshield washer fluid are next. Adjust tire pressure a couple pounds lower. Keep a snow brush, ice scraper, shovel, and sleeping bag handy. If the vehicle is not in a garage, cover the windshield with a tarp. The radiator block will help the engine warm up faster. Fog lights are handy in snow too.
Getting practice braking and spinning in a safe area is a good plan early in the season. Remember to put in the clutch or neutral to keep the engine from stalling in a spin. Watch for soft places to land such as shrubs rather than trees. Racers prefer to hit back end first for minimum damage. The difference between 2WD and 4WD is usually how far into the snow bank you can go before getting stuck. Learn to read the snow consistency, and pay attention to temp and wind direction factors. All else fails roast hot dogs in the fire place