View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
htvfd460
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
I did notice a drop with the ethanol changeover a few m9nths after Hurricane Sandy. Lost between 1 and 2 mpg. And I've added the Lucas treatment to it but the only way to get the good economy has been using super and sometimes an additive. My truck blew a fuel pump 2 years ago. And about a year ago I almost overheated my motor when I blew a coolant line. The numbers have been off since then too. But I can still get my 27 on the highway. I just have to be doing 70-77 mph. Below that the load % is high and temp goes to 190s with a 180° thermostat.
Soon I plan on swapping a crown victory axle it to widen my rear track and mod the fiberglass besides to tuck in at the steps. Since I have a stok style inner bed with the splash bed sides to give it the dual body look. It's added weight along with the cap and squatted my rear suspension so I know the back causes drag. To compensate for that I want to ass air bags to the rear and raise it up an inch to an inch and a half. That will bring it up enough to stop wedging the air under the truck.