View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
bbjsw10
Addicted

bbjsw10 - '91 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 51.06 mpg (US)
Basjoos, Thanks for the input. I am planning underbody cleanup. Going to convince the wifey it is a good idea to save the car first. Once I get body work all fixed or find a good southern rust free one. I will do undertrays.

Greenwar, Thanks and there are more on the way, keep checking back.

I made rear skirts tonight, I was worried I wouldn't like the look of them. They are actually growing really fast on me. I did a 55mph run tonight and it seems quieter, pleasantly surprised.

I also believe this is going to be a great tank, I am really perfecting my driving techniques on this one. I starting to not even having to think about how I drive. I believe the change in habits is the HARDEST part of all of this. I don't even feel like driving fast anymore + it bothers me when I see people drive how I used to.

I think I will surpass 60mpg on this tank, feel pretty confident of it. Watching and training every aspect of how I am driving, stopping, coasting, and turning. Trying to do everything within the highest efficiency boundaries. I am driving like I ride my BMX bike, trying not to wind the car so to speak. Let it set the pace.

I will post pics of the airdam mod I did today and the rear skirts, when I get up in the morn. Was too dark tonight and it didn't show up with the flash too good.