View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
saturndude
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for all the info. I do occasionally hold in the clutch when hills/traffic allow but my bike has quite a bit of clutch drag so it doesn't coast as nicely as I'd like. I also have a couple spots where I shut off the engine, but I'm usually busy squeezing my way to the front of the line. The sv650 can fit anywhere I can fit :-)

Sometimes I wish I got a 250 but the low end torque on demand with the 650 is such a great thing I don't know if I could downsize now. I also just like knowing I'm faster than %99.99 of cars out there.

I do occasionally get up to 80mph when traffic allows, let's say... 15-20% or so of my weekly commute. So I think I will try to rig up some sort of tail box.

I bought my sv650 for $1300 working with a salvage title and have gone through it, even adjusted the valves which was a $&@& to do (shim under bucket). So at this point with my current mpg, I don't think a smaller bike/scooter would ever pay for itself.

I'm thinking full valence front fender, chop off rear mid guard, get a tapered tail box, maybe some aero mirrors? And a big tank bag.