View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

Popular Mechanics? You quote a pretentios reader rag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
And yet you have no wish to show your work to anyone unbiased and clearly demonstrate the benefits. One liter of HHO per second. I'd like to see that claim verified. And how much power does that require?

Water Car Test - HHO Shows Why You Can't Run Cars on Water - Popular Mechanics

I guess the response I should expect from this link is an attack on my or their credibility, while the attackers credibility claim should be accepted without question.

Sure

regards
mech
I can and will produce results. I already have done my homework. Have you?

Please attack my position on the thermochemical advantages of hydrogen seeding a combustion mixture as well as the oxidation advantage of small amounts of ozone which is a by product of the dirty electrolyte found in most HHO cells and can be a large contributing factor in the so called "effect"?

And I baited your 3600 liters per minute to state the simple fact that all hydrocarbon combustion - when taken to completion - is simply the oxidation of carbon and hydrogen as the last step. This includes the combustion in my 1 liter car or my 6.7 liter diesel. If you don't understand that combustion is a large number of pathways to that simple end, and that the addition of precursors such as ozone and hydrogen "railroads" this complex mess into a simpler more rapid course, then it is clear why you think the way you do.

Oh, I have an acquaintance who builds solid gassifiers that produce fuel gas for stationary power. His units are sold all over the world. Engines large and small, spark ignited or diesel pilot injection, run on the CO and H2 provided by his systems. I do the same thing with liquid fuels. In the milli-seconds before combustion starts, why not prepare the fuel mix so that it does not dally in the production of compounds such as acetylene and hydrazine, but moves through that to quickly form the cloud of CO and H2 which ultimately produces your thermal release and resultant pressure rise?

If any of this makes sense to you, feel free to remark and make conjecture. If not, it would be wiser to refrain from comment.

I think you should realize by now that what I am speaking of has nothing to do with "simple HHO" applications. However, HHO does carry the means to affect the above discussion. All we need to do is find out "how and how much".

Last edited by RustyLugNut; 11-24-2014 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Punctuation.

The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
Hypermiler1995 (11-24-2014)